Saturday 8 January 2011

Out of the habit

I have had various ideas for a blog. Couple of drafts pondered. But nothing that spurs me on to put pen to paper (as it were). And now I am definitely out of the habit.

It seems to be something that afflicts other bloggers too. Definitely fewer lately. (Or is it less, I know there is some rule about less and fewer that affects/effects signs but I'm blowed if I can remember what it is.) I find I feel guilty somehow at reading blogs without contributing something - weird. But I have noticed that I haven't written anything since Remberance Day, so I'll try just burbling and see where we get to.

We had a lovely Christmas - although it now seems like two years ago not two weeks ago. It did seem at some moments that all I was doing was waiting for the weather to decide whether it would let people get here or get home. The flights out from England were delayed by snow and the flights back by fog:

Whether the weather be cold
or whether the weather be hot
We'll weather the weather
Whatever the weather
Whether we like it or not. (Thanks Mum x)

But everyone got here eventually and we had a lovely time with the added family thing of grandchild with chicken pox. Since then, after a flurry of getting the house back to normal and dealing with all the leftovers, life has settled back to normal.

Thinking of food, Him Outdoors had another cholesterol blood test before Christmas and we are still managing to get the numbers down with a lifestyle that we can lead. It pained me to have to throw out the butter/cheese/cream that was left over but better in the bin than in us I guess. A disadvantage of flying visitors is that they can't cram another thing into their bags so no room for the leftovers. I find myself acting like my mother with departing children. Suddenly I have to give them stuff just like she did, we couldn't get out the door without cake (we'll never eat all that), sandwiches (for the journey) something for supper (you won't want to be cooking when you get home) fruit ............ Bless her.

Anyway, belated Happy New Year wishes to one and all and I will try to get my head back into gear!

7 comments:

  1. Glad that everyone reached you for Christmas and good to see you back blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosie...nice to see you back and am pleased Christmas was a good one for you.

    I know what you mean about not being able to think about anything to blog about. It happens to me and it's rather funny because as soon as I post saying I can't think of anything to blog about, all of a sudden I start to think about things to write...Maybe this will work for you now that you've done this post.

    Happy New Year to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief...just look at how many times I've used the word "about"...sorry..having a grammar/word crisis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you back. Wishing you all the very best for 2011. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rosie, I've missed you! funnily enough I have 2 good ideas for blogs as of this morning, just need to write them ;-)

    Oh and 'fewer' is correct for people ie. individual things. It would be 'less' if it was something like water or food.

    By the way I found out today that it is 6 hours by train from King's Cross to Bergerac - so add on the bit to here and it's about the same as going to Scotland! wonder how much it costs..

    J xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your kind wishes everybody.

    Juniper is it really only 6 hours, that's a real 'it can't be' :-)Michael was really annoyed about how much the train was from Newcastle to Stansted so can't imagine it being cheap but maybe if you book ages ahead??????

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep blogging, I too feel like I have writers block on occasions and I think in the winter when we all spend more time indoors, poking the fire and dreaming of warm summer days it is harder to get your mind in gear. You left a comment on my blog recently asking for my website link, so please see below, although the site is currently being updated, I hope it is of use. www.lefarat.com. Bonne chance

    ReplyDelete