Tuesday 12 October 2010

Don't tempt the Gods

Absolutely perfect autumn day.



Bright blue sky.
Warm sunshine.
Chevrons of cranes flying overhead.
Leaves just turning.
Meandering down an empty lane.
Chickens gossiping.
Ponies munching.
A basket of walnuts.
A stolen handful of grapes from the empty house next door.
Mussels for lunch.
Fresh baguette.


Brilliant day............................................. and an overwhelming feeling of 'don't say it' 'don't tempt the Gods'.

I realise this is a recurring thought. We are very very lucky with our life (I can hardly type this..................in fact I shall have to stop.)

5 comments:

  1. No, don't say it! Just enjoy it! It reads very happy and makes me feel it as I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosie, you took me there... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just lovely Rosie. Sometimes it's the simple things that make us feel so happy to be alive. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. First visit to your blog - your place looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder what is so ingrained in us that we fear we will jinx ourselves if we admit we are happy. Perhaps we should rejoice that we are happy. Congrats! I would love to see "chevrons of cranes" flying overhead. All I get are geese!

    ReplyDelete